help importing 2cv into usa

I want to fly to England and buy one of the good condition 2cvs and have it shipped over to the usa it will be over 25 years old. does anyone know how to do this? If you
do please tell me step by step, thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You realise a British 2cv will have the steering wheel on the wrong side for you?

Try snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com - there's plenty of 'merkin 2cvers on there who've bin there, dun that.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
- there's plenty of 'merkin 2cvers on there

The best place to buy a decent 2 cv will be in France, in the inlands of France, not in the neigbourhood of the coasts otherwise you will have more rust than car.
Kind regards, Eduard
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Like Adrian pointed out, make sure you realize you are buying a Right Hand Drive 2CV if you go to the UK. As long as the car is 25 years old or older you won't have a problem. I highly recommend finding an import broker and letting them handle the red tape for you.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Ben Boyle wrote:

I would bet France or Belgium might be better. I actually get along with the Germans better, but, there are not nearly so many 2CVs there. France and Belgium are where almost all of them are from what I remember.
The 2CV is not a car for the American highway, much less the Autobahn. Are GS's old enough to come to America now?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
As long as the car is 25 years old it's good to come in. I drive a 2CV6 in the summer time and while it's not fast I think that you can safely drive one on any road in the USA if you drive within the 2CV's abilities. You'll find that many of the 2CVs in the US are later 2CV6s that have paperwork that titles them older so they can be imported.

the
Add pictures here
‚úĖ