help importing 2cv into usa

I want to fly to England and buy one of the good condition 2cvs and have it shipped over to the usa it will be over 25 years old. does anyone know how to do this? If you do please tell me step by step, thanks

Reply to
lipscomb

( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You realise a British 2cv will have the steering wheel on the wrong side for you?

Try snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com - there's plenty of 'merkin 2cvers on there who've bin there, dun that.

Reply to
Adrian

"Adrian" schreef in bericht news:Xns96D5693EB7F8Cadrianachapmanfreeis@204.153.244.170...

The best place to buy a decent 2 cv will be in France, in the inlands of France, not in the neigbourhood of the coasts otherwise you will have more rust than car.

Kind regards, Eduard

Reply to
EduardMD

Like Adrian pointed out, make sure you realize you are buying a Right Hand Drive

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Drive 2CV if you go to the UK. As long as the

finding an import broker and letting them

I would bet France or Belgium might be better. I actually get along with the Germans better, but, there are not nearly so many 2CVs there. France and Belgium are where almost all of them are from what I remember.

The 2CV is not a car for the American highway, much less the Autobahn. Are GS's old enough to come to America now?

Reply to
Bret Ludwig