Help Needed ZX 1.4

I Have a K reg 1.4 ZX Avantage which seems to have developed a life of its own.

Sometimes it just won't start, if you bump start it its ok. I have had the starter motor changed twice and the same fault continues.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Reply to
listgrow

hi there. it seems i have exactly the same problem with my ZX Reflex (K reg). You can stop it turn the engine off, and try to re-start it immediately, and occasionally it wont work (sep when damp or after long journeys). But some nice AA man put a live feed off the starter motor (i think?). Anyway if it wont start i put it in neutral, turn the key one click, and spark it off the battery!!drastic but effective. obviously this is not a long term soution, and not the safest one, but at the moment it is the best i have found.

let me know if you find a solution.

Reply to
Hadeess