Help wanted with Xantia engine trouble

I have major problems with Xantia 1.8i 16 Valve 1996 car... The car has lost all acceleration and is now really sluggish.... I had to have a complete exhaust system fitted (inc cat) as I was told the cat was
worn out..(the car has done 130,000 miles) But still there is no power coming from the engine and the exhaust is getting extremely hot... hotter than it should!!
Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be..
Cheers Tim
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I have major problems with Xantia 1.8i 16 Valve 1996 car... The car has lost all acceleration and is now really sluggish.... I had to have a complete exhaust system fitted (inc cat) as I was told the cat was worn out..(the car has done 130,000 miles) But still there is no power coming from the engine and the exhaust is getting extremely hot... hotter than it should!!
Anyone got any ideas as to what the problem could be..
Cheers Tim
Olivier a judicieusement ťcrit ce jour : I think it is the "lambda gauge"... the system which measures the mix air-fuel... and because there is bad combustion... your exhaust is to hot
--
Les cons, Áa ose tout, c'est ŗ Áa qu'on les reconnait.... Audiard, "Les
Tontons flingueurs"

Add pictures here
‚úĖ