How do I turn off XM car alarm?

After reconnecting the battery I can't turn off the anti-theft alarm. I can 't find the users manual. What is the procedure for silencing it?
Is there a procedure for disabling it permanently?

Many Thanks,
Brendan
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
saying:

IIRC you need to just lock it/unlock it. You can also turn the siren off on many XMs (but not all, I don't think) using the ignition key in the lock in the bonnet slam panel.

Remove the control box - it's under the lower dash on the passenger side for a RHD car.
(I'm assuming s2)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ