Hubcaps lost after changing tires

I recently changed tires on my Xsara (2002 model). The following day I lost one front hubcap, and a day later the second one came off on the highway, cutting the valve. Some local repair shops think this is a
common problem with Citroen. Does anyone know anything about this? Anyone else have similar woes? Thanks, Jason
Add pictures here
‚úĖ