I bought my first ever car, it's a BX and I love it :)

A BX 16 TGI, 157.000 KMs, for only 250 euros! The exhaust needs replacing (the bit of pipe after the muffler is missing) but otherwise it's in good shape.

Just wanted to let you know :)

JM

Reply to
JM

Message i.d.:, by author JM aka inspired me,

Great! That's the fun thing about a second hand Citroen. A lot of car for a very small price. Enjoy your BX and take good care of it.

Reply to
2Rowdy

"2Rowdy" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Welcome to the club of Happy Citroen Drivers :-)) If you are interested in the Haynes BX Petrol service manual, just send me an email and I will give you a link to download it. This Haynes manual will save you a lot of money if you are handy, almost everything is described in the manual.

Reply to
VTR16V

Indeed. The BX manual was written at the time when Haynes hadn't been nobbled by the manufacturers so there are very few "Refer to your Dealer" statements in there.

Enjoy the BX, JM and remember there are a lot of Citroen brains on the 'net who are more than happy to help when it lets go of the "green blood"...

CAS

Reply to
CAS

Congrats on the BX - I recently got a ZX, my first Citroen. Have fun with yours, I am even tho it's really a Peugeot in a Citroen skin. I get to miss all the fun with the cool suspension :(

Have fun, Stuart.

Reply to
Stuart

I Have also a ZX, although the ZX doesn't has the hydro/pneumatic suspension, it still has a very comfortable suspension.

Reply to
VTR16V

Thanks all! Glad to be a member of the Citroen community. Do we all wave to one another? ;)

I actually got the BX because I have driven a friend's on occasion, he got his cheap as well, so I figured it would be worth a try, and I think I've been quite lucky with mine. Included in the 250 euro deal was a full tank of petrol too, because the dude's wife wasn't thinking and tanked it up the day before they sold it. :))

It's only after I got it that I really started to research it, and I must say this interchanging of engines and gearboxes between Peugeot and Citroen is pretty clever economically. And with 2.5 million BX's sold getting parts shouldn't be too hard either...

Ah almost weekend, cruisin' time ;)

JM

Reply to
JM