Interior Fan

My interior fan will only work when it wants too.......The air con button is pressed in and when the fan works it is lit and when it does not the light is out. I have tried all the fuses and they are all fine........I have just ordered a manuel to see if I can work the problem out.... Have any of you guys and girls had this problem? and if so how did you fix it. The fan will never die once it is on, but if it does not start from the moment you start the car it won't come on either....if you see what I mean.

Look forward to your answers. Maz

Reply to
3:0) Misty

What model Citroen do you have? Is it a manual Aircon or climate control?

"3:0) Misty" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
VTR16V

Zsara Picasso 1.8sx

Manual aircon and fan (big knob 4 settings)

Maz

Reply to
3:0) Misty

It looks like if the fan itself is the problem?, mayby a loose connection? It is know that all cars of Peugeot and Citroen do have problems with the fan after some time. I don't know if this fan is located on the same place in righthand steering cars? as in the lefthand models like here.

Usually you can find this fan under the dashboard at the passengers side. Remove the piece of carpet under the dashboard and there you should see the fan. It is fixed with 3 screw, take it out and check it. Check with a voltagemeter if the connector of the fan is giving a current, it should be aproximately

12V with the knob on the highest fan speed setting. If so, than there is nothing wrong with the powersupply to the fan and there is no fuse blown out.

Try to connect the fan to a 12V power source like the battery, does it run? Dismantle the fan and check the brushes, are they worn out and making almost no contact.

Good luck.

"3:0) Misty" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
VTR16V

The cause of my problem turned out to be a loose cable on the ignition barrel!

The wire routed the power to the fusebox and then onto the fan.

A auto-electrician at my workplace took a look and discovered the loose cable. After 2 1/2 hours of head shaking and trying to figure out the Haynes manuel wiring diagram and pulling off the interior dash, he came and told me the verdict.

Getting this fixed has got to be cheaper than presenting my original diagnosis that it was goosed to the main dealer.

Many thanks to all those who replied, and to all those that have read my posts to see if they could help.

Maz

Reply to
3:0) Misty

Just read this reply as i was about to mention the ignition barrel

I have a Xantia 96N (probably much older car) but i have trouble with the ignition barrel. At the moment when i start my car. I get none of the electrics. no speedo no heater etc.until i fiddle about with the ignition barrel. The air con comes on but not the fan. You may have noticed your heated rear screen would not work at this time aswell.

Its probably a common fault which hasn't been rectified over the years. pleased you found the problem anyway.

Reply to
Rob Beech