just because i can

i have payed £100.00 for a citreon xantia nreg and i have riped out the engine and am planing on tune it up a little. like havin it borded out to a

2.1 or a 2.2 which will not cost much anyway but i'd like to put a t35 turbo and pop it all in a saxo so the question is wot will be the b.p.h. and if i sell it will it make any money. Thank for any input
Reply to
mike s via CarKB.com

in article snipped-for-privacy@CarKB.com, mike s via CarKB.com at snipped-for-privacy@nospam.CarKB.com wrote on 06/06/2005 22:35:

Gosh! I'm not actually a Citroen kind of guy, but hope to be with a purchase of a CX or XM. I've been attracted to the turbo engines on both of those cars.

Which Xantia engine are you starting with? The 150 BHP turbo engine can be tuned, but I would be cautious about how far. The main problem with uprating turbo engines, generally, is knock, due to (a) charge air temperatures and (b) poor fuel. They're the main considerations. Given that the 4 cylinder turbo engine is smaller than the V6 engine, it's a better proposition for a smaller car, like the Saxo.

With clean sheet, the 150 BHP turbo engine could be encouraged to put out near 200 BHP with the right turbo, charge cooling and good octane fuel, but you should make an addition of a knock sensor to make sure you're not going to grenade. For a smaller car (read: something to outrun an XE turbo powered Nova, for example), a smaller faster spooling turbo is the one to go for. KKK (GT25) and Mitsubishi (TE-05) both make a fast spooler, compared to the bigger (big bang) Garrett turbos.

Money ... Doubtful ... There are much more sophisticated aftermarket high power turbo conversions for Saxos than a simple engine swap and tune-up. Now, if you were prepared to make something interesting out of an AX (or even a BX), you might have a market ... Here, anyway :)

Interesting project ... Keep in touch with what you're thinking ...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Halliday

Reply to
mike s via CarKB.com

no mate this is a 1.9td not the HDI which is a shame it just for a laugh really just something id like to do but the ax is a great idea thanks it will go like a rocket but a the min its all down ot wieght cos i want the lightest car i can get. Do you think could make an ax four wheel drive cos its just a idea thats bangin around my head thanks for the reply

Reply to
mike s via CarKB.com