Just bought a C2... first impressions

Bought a C2 HDI SX today. Very comfortable and refined.

The engine is barely audible, even at high speed! The acceleration is OK, but nothing to write home about. In the city it's quite sprightly, which is where I will be using it. It's true that the ride is quite harsh, but the car seems so solid and well screwed together.

The best thing is the CD player - the sound quality is amazing and the bass just blows you away! No need for a sub-woofer in the boot!

And I just love the boot which opens in two sections. And the rear sliding/folding seats seem to be a practical idea, although I doubt I'll be using them.

One snag is that the electric window switches are too far away and you have to bend right down to reach them, taking your eyes off the road, which isn't good.

Does anyone else have any views on this small car?

Andrew

Reply to
Moger Roore

Message i.d.:, by author Moger Roore aka inspired me,

Congrats!

I thought you bought a car, not a CD player :-)

Looks practical. Being small means you must be Smart, Euh, C2.

Could be intended. No need to open windows while driving.

Be proud, You are the first. Great!

Reply to
2Rowdy

Hasn't the SX got aircon? Why open the windows when driving then?

I haven't driven a C2, but have driven the C3 HDI 16v, they both share a good chassis, but the C3 is a bit more upright, whereas the C2 driving position is much closer to a "large car", in fact sitting it in the dealership, not too far short of the C5 for its driving position.

Remember to give the HDI a good stretch of the legs a bit every so often, you will need to increase the revs as you run in the engine.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Cowell

Hi, yes the C2 SX has got aircon!!

Do you mean to say I should never have the need to open the windows whilst the car is in motion? What about to say hi to people, to shout abuse, or to throw out a cigarette end, orange peel, or spit? Or to dry your hair or get rid of a smelly fart.

Andrew

"Ben Cowell" a écrit dans le message news: Fhtub.4$ snipped-for-privacy@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Moger Roore

Moger Roore ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You've got to admit, he's got a point there.

Reply to
Adrian

Message i.d.:, by author Adrian aka inspired me,

windows

I love beans. Big point.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Just stop the car and ask them politely to get out.

============================================= Citroen C3. It's French! It's fuel-efficient! What have *you* done to irritate Dubya today?

Reply to
tersono

tersono ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

*LOVE* the sig... Mind if I nick it (and change it to 2cv)?
Reply to
Adrian