just got an Ax today any advice

its a one litre elation its n reg drives great runs better than my aging escort 1.3 any tips for stuff to check on previous owner has done timing belt and water pump plus pads/discs bit worried abour security of spare wheel under car having heard they get stolen

Reply to
mindwipe

also rear parcel shelf is crap it looks like a tent type affair idea's? had thought to rebuild with mdf and then fit a pair of speakers with fabric over top

Reply to
mindwipe

Go to your local scrappie and see what he has - I'm sure my 1.1 Chigago had a "proper" parcel-shelf (had a much better interior than any of the 1.0 versions full-stop).

CAS

Reply to
CAS

First of all you should check if there is an oil leakage in cylinder headgasket.Usually it starts leaking from the right side where oil pressure duct is. Also check the CV dust boots. Another thing you should check and i advise you to flush is the brake fluid.. I thing that that's enough for a start. I own a second AX 1.4 monopoint and since i bought it i have faced a lot of problem..althought i was very excited with this car in the begining.

Reply to
vaggos

thanx for the advice will change brake fluid next week head gasket looks ok it seems to have 2 new driveshafts

is it possible to move the seat back on these vehicles could do with a bit more distance and it doesnt slide back far enuf for me would i have to drill and fit cage nuts?

Reply to
mindwipe

I don't know and i haven't tried this yet. The distance i have arrange is very convinient for me..

Reply to
vaggos