Keys for Citroen Xsara Picasso

About to make a purchase of a second hand Xsara Picasso. I noticed that there was a 'plip' key and a non 'plip' key. Will the 'non plip' key operate
the car when the plip key is not nearby? I lost the key to a previous car that had such a system and the 'third' spare 'non plip' key did not allow the engine to start!!!
Is it true that Citroen only provide one 'plip' key?
Tim
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

My wife's just got 2 keys with dibbers for her new C3, my 03 Saxo VTS has 1 key with a dibber and one without.
Regards,
--
Neil

Add pictures here