Laminated side glass

When did Citroen introduce these sound-deadening measures? Was the facelifted C5 the first? Or the C4? Any other models use it? How much difference does it make?

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Madge O'Reene ( snipped-for-privacy@poohfan.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Facelift C5 was out before C4.

Not at the mo. The C6 definitely will.

Probably "a bit". It'll also help to slow scrotes down when they try to half-brick the windows to nick the stuff you left on the seat.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thanks, Adrian. I've currently got this thing for quiet cars but I want something newer than a five year old XJ8 that my sub £10K budget will buy me. C5 looks like a serious contender. Do all facelift c5 exclusives (or autos at least) include cruise control? What are they like for leg and headroom?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Madge O'Reene ( snipped-for-privacy@poohfan.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ooh, I'd *love* a v8 X300...

Not *exactly* an XJ rival...

<checks Parkers> Looks like it.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Adrian:

Had one before and I hanker after another, although I'm not keen on spending as much money this time around.

Really? Magic carpet ride, quiet at speed? Comfy seats? It all depends what one wants from a car. This will be my commuter car so I want something relaxing, but I also want something I can like, which leaves out pretty much everything that isn't from Britain, France or Italy.
On the subject of Italy, I noticed that Autocar's review of the 156 quoted just 66dB at 70mph - that's almost as quiet as a RR Phantom and much less than an S-Class Mercedes. Typing error do you reckon? I may have to investigate!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ