molyslip gearbox aditive

I have a Picasso with a whine in the gearbox, believe its normal for this HDI model. Thinking of trying Molyslip 2001g. Anyone have any experience with this stuff
Thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi Re Molyslip in gearbox. I have tried it in a mini but unfortunatly within about 50 mile of use it started juming out of 2nd & 3rd gear.Draining the oil & refilling with fresh NORMAL recomended lubricant cured the jumping out of gear.I did a bit of research & found that Molyslip can cause the caged roller bearings to skid instead of rolling as designed to do wich aint good.My addvice is leave well alone. Picasso gearbox whine is normal on overun in 2nd & 3rd gears at low rpm.
Regards Jeff

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
40years ago , when uk car maker ROOTES was building Hillman imps--now defunct --Iwas gearbox-(a trans axle)-- assembly superintendent. We had a spate of "NOISY"- boxes--whines-knocks-drones etc we tried to cure this problem with MOLYSLIP-it did not help--it gave us more problems--it killed\ murdered-the Synchromesh-which depends on a little friction between synchro ring and synchrocone on end of gear to be selected.its an excellent lubricant but not for this application. If you have got a whine-its coming from the crownwheel and pinion -your picasso will have a trans axle with g\box and final drive in same box.cheapest solution -sound proofing if practible good luck nmb

Add pictures here
‚úĖ