molyslip gearbox aditive

I have a Picasso with a whine in the gearbox, believe its normal for this HDI model. Thinking of trying Molyslip 2001g. Anyone have any experience with this stuff Thanks

Reply to
Johnnie Scott

Hi Re Molyslip in gearbox. I have tried it in a mini but unfortunatly within about 50 mile of use it started juming out of 2nd & 3rd gear.Draining the oil & refilling with fresh NORMAL recomended lubricant cured the jumping out of gear.I did a bit of research & found that Molyslip can cause the caged roller bearings to skid instead of rolling as designed to do wich aint good.My addvice is leave well alone. Picasso gearbox whine is normal on overun in 2nd & 3rd gears at low rpm.

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
neil m. barrowman