MPH to KPH

When I bought my C3 they changed the speedometer so that it read in mph instead of kph. If I go abroad is there any way I can change it back to kph myself.
I am thinking of going to Ireland. Will such a manoeuvre automatically change the odometer to kilometres travelled instead of miles? I don't want to do that. TIA Icedog
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Most speedometers marked in MPH also have a KPH scale, usually in smaller characters or a different colour. I expect that most cars in use in Ireland still have speedometers marked in MPH; the change to metric speed limits only took place in January.
The easiest approach might be to get (or make) a simple conversion table, and memorise the MPH equivalent of common speed limits.
<http://www.gometric.ie/ looks useful.
I think there could be legal implications to trying to re-program or mechanically alter your speedometer; if you really want to do that, consult a garage.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

A Citroen C3 has a digital scale...
Maarten
--
When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Yuck :(( I won't be getting one of them then.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

<snip>
Before I became familiar with resetting the trip meter, I once made the speedo units change from mph to kph by accident.
I can't remember what I did- was it hold down RH button for a long time without? with? the engine running?- but be assured that it *can* be done using one of the buttons on the speedo panel.
As for the odometer question- sorry, I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty certain that it stayed in miles for me- though I didn't have the speedo in kph for even a minute, and certainly didn't travel any distance with it like that.
--
Citroen C3. It's French! It's fuel-efficient!
What have *you* done to irritate Dubya today?

I would have thought that the odometer would keep the mileage/kilometerage even if it changed the units. It's only counting pulses from the gearbox so presumably it just stores them in some sort of memory and performs a conversion to display them. BICBW
--
Malc

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

From what I can remember you view the total mileage screen, press the button on the right of the display until the word MILES flashes then give one press of the same button and MILES changes to KM you then have to turn off the ignition and when you turn on again speedo and odometer read in KM. The process to return to MILES is similar.
Apologies if I have not remembered the steps correctly.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

kph
button on

of the

and
return to

Thanks for the info. I'll try it this weekend.
Tony.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ