navigation of new C5 is really bad

just got the new C5 2.2HDI Exclusive, replacing the old one.

After two weeks: The navigation really sucks !!!!

-System crashes every day (I drive 70.000 km a year)

-Wrong directions at highway intersections

-No way to enter city names like München (refuses the ü)

-No way to avoid highways

-The girl really speaks bad german. Is funny at the start.

-TMC info of wrong area is given

-display is not showing the right 10 mm

-Germany is on two CD's: North and South, but where is the border between them ? Is Frankfurt part of north or south ? Not documented

-Can not calculate the route while standing on a parking lot that is not in the database

-can not find hotels that are near if current location is not in the database

and so on...

The old system had one big advantage: it worked ! Now I have to work with this shitty system for another two years.

Who has similar experiances ?

Ernest

Reply to
Ernest Schloesser

Now, I know absolutely nothing about SatNav but surely these things have some form of firmware/software updates?

Try the manufacturer of the unit?

CAS

Reply to
CAS

"CAS" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Is it the standard SatNav of Citroen that is build in the dashboard, or is a unit that is build in later, like VDO-Dayton, Pioneer, etc? If it is the standard SatNav of Citroen (which is is Siemens/Navtech OEM??) try to complain to the Citroen importer, with all these problems.

Good luck.

Reply to
VTR16V

It is the standard citroen system. I did complain. The response: that is strange.... probably I'm the only person seeing reboots every 500 km, being misguided every 100 km They must think I'm the idiot, otherwise they would take me for serious. Problem is: I might not be the idiot that will pay another 36.000 euro for the next citroen.

Ernest

"VTR16V" schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40e5def0$0$160$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.nntp.hccnet.nl...

Reply to
Ernest Schloesser

Did you complain to the Citroen importer or your local Citroen dealer? The next serivce for your car, just don't pay the bill and demand them to fix the problem or build in a new NAV system.

"Ernest Schloesser" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
VTR16V

Life's a bitch ! When i drove my truck through Germany in the 70' 80's &

Reply to
djindivik