New Immobiliser Ignition key required..

Hi, I have a V reg Citroen Xantia and there is a possibility I will need a new key. Doors are no longer being locked or opened via the radio buttons. A new battery is fitted.
Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life before going down the new key road. If I do that, any idea what sort of cost is involved? Thanks
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Reg M wrote:

This happened to mine (S reg). Pop the circuit board out and have a look, it might only be a dry joint (it's not uncommon) and if you're handy with a soldering iron, it's a quick fix.
(On mine, the two switches had dry joints from the constant movement when you press the buttons)
--
Fred

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 12:44:35 +0000, FredCarnot

Thanks Fred, It's a long time since I used a soldering iron but will take a look. Who knows? Reg
Add pictures here
‚úĖ