New Immobiliser Ignition key required..

Hi, I have a V reg Citroen Xantia and there is a possibility I will need a new key. Doors are no longer being locked or opened via the radio buttons. A new battery is fitted.

Is there anything I can do to bring it back to life before going down the new key road. If I do that, any idea what sort of cost is involved? Thanks

Reply to
Reg M

This happened to mine (S reg). Pop the circuit board out and have a look, it might only be a dry joint (it's not uncommon) and if you're handy with a soldering iron, it's a quick fix.

(On mine, the two switches had dry joints from the constant movement when you press the buttons)

Reply to
FredCarnot

Thanks Fred, It's a long time since I used a soldering iron but will take a look. Who knows? Reg

Reply to
Reg M