Noisy Saxo

My X reg saxo has become boy racer noisy of late. Friend reckons it's a hole in the exhaust which sounds very likely. Can anyone give me an idea of how much it should cost to fix?
I'm suposed to be doing a 230 mile trip tomorrow so I'm hoping to get it sorted pretty quick!
peter
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

That depends on;
what car what engine which exhaust section is knackered are you gonna fit the exhaust or get a pro to do it
etc.......
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Giving you a price on a full-exhaust system (or part thereof) is like diagnosing a baby that's crying constantly and seems out of sorts to one that has potentially life-threatening Meningitis. Even doctors get the diagnosis wrong sometimes.
Similarly, a back-box for a Ford Fiesta 1.25 might be £15 but for a 1.4 that exterior wise looks like the same animal may be £150! This is all hypothetical and not actual quotes because it's absolutely impossible for anyone to give you even a rough price guide because there are so many different variants of engines used in so many different cars that nobody is ever going to be able to give you a price guide. Furthermore, you haven't even identified whether you need a 'part' of the exhaust system or a complete replacement!
I suggest you firstly identify what needs replacing (full or part system) and then phone around the various companies listed in your phone book under "Exhausts". If you really don't have too much of a clue pop into National Tyres / Halfrauds / Kwik-Con or whoever and say it sounds noisy and take a look for yourself when the vehicle's up in the air. Decline their initial offer if it worries you and phone around, at least you'll know whether you need a whole exhaust replacement or part.
Back to your original question. You provide me with the six numbers I need to win the lottery next Saturday and I'll give you your quote! :)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Dave wrote:

Now that it's light I've had a look. The back box has a hole all the way along the horizontal joint and it's a 1.1 engine. Kwik Fit quoted £65.50 for it and nowhere else is answering the phones at the moment.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Phone national tyres & autocare. Numbers are on their website. Get them to try beat the kwik-fit quote, then do so with kwik-fit again.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Anyone should be able to beat the Kwik Fit quote.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
message

"You can't get better than a kwik-fit rimmer, we're the ones to trust"
Add pictures here
‚úĖ