o/s side light help

Page 1 of 4
xsara 2001...anyone no how to get the offside, side light bulb out.. cheers

anticlockwise and the bulb, a 501, just pulls out. I'm just about to replace mine with LED's, we'll see if they melt.....
TonyB

LED is what?....
Anyway, surely if either Citroen or MIRA (or country equivalent) thought LEDs were required they would either fit them at the factory and/or issue a recall notice?...

Xsara was first designed and they are now avaialble to replace sidelights and the like....at a price. They do last oodles longer and are used in BMWs and suchlike as standard nowadays. Incandescent technology however is perfectly adequate which is why no manufacturer will issue a recall notice.
--
Malc

Night close in on a shanty town.

Malc - you should know better - he was having a moment's apostroplexy.
--
Skipweasel
We have always been at war with Iran. [George Orwell - almost]

LED's = The LED is doing something LEDs = Many Light Emitting Diodes

The exception being Greengrocer's = Many greengrocers.
--
Skipweasel
We have always been at war with Iran. [George Orwell - almost]
contains these words:

Greengrocer's = of the/belonging to the greengrocers.
Not that I am being in any way pedantic, you understand. :)

So.................nobody knows how to change the side light then.....think i'll get a ford....?

to get at the back of the lights. You may need a small mirror to help. You take off the big round black cover off the back of the unit. If yours has twin bulbs, which I think they did, then there will be two of these. Remove the one behind the sidelight. Inside you will be able to see the back of the sidelight, and it either just pulls out or twists 90 degrees to get it out. Hope this helps.

Cheers Brian i'll try that... cannot understand why they have made it so difficult...?

It's no more difficult than many other motor cars, in fact I can think of far more difficult / awkward car to change bulbs on than a Xsara.

"take it to a VW dealer". So there you are in the wilds of North wales, and a headlight bulb goes. You have a spare like every good motorist, but it does no good as you have to travel 50 miles to the nearest dealer.
<snip>

Could always buy a Peugeot....

i hate this motor... had nothing but trouble with it from day one...grrrrrr

That's not how greengrocer's use it.
--
Skipweasel
We have always been at war with Iran. [George Orwell - almost]
contains these words:

That might be so but that doesn't make it correct! :~)

That's why it's called the greengrocers apostrophe - "Lemon's" and "Cauli's".
--
Skipweasel
We have always been at war with Iran. [George Orwell - almost]

PLEASE tell me that was deliberate...
--

Ian D

I should hope so - after all it's only greengrocer's who get apostrophies in the wrong places.