obtaining the immobiliser/key transponder code

Hello there,
I have just bought a second-hand 2003 Berlingo and the owner's card with the confidential key code is missing. There is no problem at present,
and I have two working keys, but I am anxious about what happens if I need the code for anything. Can I obtain the key code from Citroen if I can provide car details and proof of ownership, or do I have to somehow get the engine management system (or whatever the correct term) reprogrammed? Is it going to be awfully expensive?
Cheers, Gill
--
Gill Terry
spam trap set on reply-to

Yes It should be very straight forward to get the transponder code from your citroen agent. You will need to take in a copy of your log book and proof of identity so they can verify that you have a legal right to that information. Give them your Chassis number and they can e-mail Citroen uk who will email the dealer back with the details within a few hours. The citroen agent will charge you for this information
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Stuart Harrison ( snipped-for-privacy@100preston.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There was recent discussion on the XM email list about a UK Cit dealer who'd refused to cut a key from the key code alone, because they didn't have the transponder code and CitUK claimed they didn't have a record of it either.
There's a good reason for that - XMs don't HAVE a transponder immobiliser.
But the Cit dealer didn't know that.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ