obtaining the immobiliser/key transponder code

Hello there,

I have just bought a second-hand 2003 Berlingo and the owner's card with the confidential key code is missing. There is no problem at present, and I have two working keys, but I am anxious about what happens if I need the code for anything. Can I obtain the key code from Citroen if I can provide car details and proof of ownership, or do I have to somehow get the engine management system (or whatever the correct term) reprogrammed? Is it going to be awfully expensive?

Cheers, Gill

Reply to
nospam

Yes It should be very straight forward to get the transponder code from your citroen agent. You will need to take in a copy of your log book and proof of identity so they can verify that you have a legal right to that information. Give them your Chassis number and they can e-mail Citroen uk who will email the dealer back with the details within a few hours. The citroen agent will charge you for this information

Reply to
Stuart Harrison

Stuart Harrison ( snipped-for-privacy@100preston.freeserve.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

There was recent discussion on the XM email list about a UK Cit dealer who'd refused to cut a key from the key code alone, because they didn't have the transponder code and CitUK claimed they didn't have a record of it either.

There's a good reason for that - XMs don't HAVE a transponder immobiliser.

But the Cit dealer didn't know that.

Reply to
Adrian