Oil Filter

Hi Folks. Recently made the decision to do an oil change on my C4 2.0l diesel VTR+ myself. What a daft idea that was. talk about BP and the Gulf of Mexico Oil spill ;o) Even though I did use a proper oil
collection tray. When will I ever learn to let a garage do a messy job like this ;o)
Anyway.... My real question is, whereabout did they hide the oil filter on the damned car. I have a new paper filter for it but couldn't find it. All the info I could fine was that you need a 27mm spanner to take off the plastic cap. I think I might have found it at the top under the engine cover, but I'm not sure. If that is it, which way does it turn? Also, if anybody has instructions on how to get to the Air Filter, it'd be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance