Picasso alarm/locking problem

My 2001 Picasso has a Citroen fitten alarm, which only seems to work with the blipper key, not the non-blipper one. So if I were to lose the blipper, or it broke, I would not be able to use the car without setting off the alarm. Also the non-blipper key does not activate the central locking (nor does the blipper if I just turn it in he lock, only if I blip it). So if I did have to use the car with teh non-blip key, it owuld have the alarm going off and I would not be able to lock it.

Is this normal?

TIA,

John

Reply to
JK

Check out this site

many others with problems and advise

John

Reply to
Johnnie Scott

Sounds normal for a Citroen, but I've only had Xantias. If you set the alarm & loose the blipper, you can silence the alarm by opening the door and starting the car with the alarm button on the dash pressed.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew_s_chesters

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that.

Any idea about how to lock the car without the blipper? It's possible the windows auto close, in which case I might be able to sit in, lock it, climb out the window and watch them shut!

andrew_s_chesters wrote:

Reply to
JK

JK ( snipped-for-privacy@group.only) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Erm, use the key in the lock?

Reply to
Adrian

Erm, read the original post. Lock doesn't activate central locking, only blipper does, probably cos alarm has interfered with multiplex wiring system. Maybe there's a workaround.

Reply to
JK

JK ( snipped-for-privacy@group.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You mean a really clever high-tech workaround like locking the other doors from the inside, then locking the driver's and tailgate from outside?

Reply to
Adrian

The Picasso does not have a locking switch on the individual doors, just a single button that operates the central locking, on the dash. What is meant to happen is that locking a front door with the key should trigger the central locking. In my case, and I believe others with the Citroen alarm, this mechanism does not work, leaving the blipper as only way to lock the car from the outside. I'm trying to find out either how it gets fixed or how to work round it in the rare event of the blipper stopping working. What are you trying to do?

Reply to
JK

Very restrained; I'd have gone for the jugular!

Blipper failure is NOT rare on Citroen, it is the norm in my experience. I spent a lot of time & effort trying to sort the last Xantias locking out; the current one has alarm problems. I like them really....

Andrew

Reply to
andrew_s_chesters

JK ( snipped-for-privacy@group.only) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You're kidding me. Please tell me you're kidding me. That's *really* monumentally cretinous.

My apologies. I assumed it was you that was the idiot, when it's actually the designers.

Reply to
Adrian

andrew_s_chesters (andrew.chesters@ntlworld*nospam*.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I wouldn't go that far - I've not even had to replace the battery in the remote for my XM in four years and 50k miles.

But it's certainly hardly unusual.

That is a piece of monumental stupidity on the part of Citroen's designers. I am utterly gobsmacked, and apologise profusely to the OP.

Reply to
Adrian

Yes. But likely to generate a lot of revenue.

That's OK. If you can't jump to conclusions about someone over a temporally disjunct text-only interface, when can you!

Reply to
JK

JK ( snipped-for-privacy@group.only) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

That's *exactly* what my mother used to say.

Reply to
Adrian