Picasso Factory Fitted SAT NAV Don't buy for Denmark

Dear All

Just thought I'd let you know the following.

I purchased a new 04 Picasso with factory fitted monochrome Sat Nav (the cheapest - I couldn't get the business case for the better models past the boss - my wife)

The system is a Siemens VDO with the software supplied by NAVTEQ of the Netherlands.

As my wife has family throughout Denmark, Sweden and Norway, we needed a system that would help us through, prior to purchasing the car the dealer had told me the system was fitted with a Blaupunkt (?) and I checked the website and Northern Europe was covered.

After delivery of the car, I ordered the CD for Northern Europe and to my surprise was told that the system was not a Blaupunkt.

After several emails to several companies I found that the system was the Siemens VDO and that the software supplier (NAVTEQ) would not be supplying any software as they only do this at the request of Siemens.

Ok to cut a very very long story the bottom line is that the Picasso ( a car manufactured in France) will not have any SAT NAV for the Scandinavian countries and it is looking unlikely to do in the future.

The CD also states that the UK maps include ALL major European road Networks, it doesn't, it stops on the edge of Germany ..... you can't even find Copenhagen on the system.

Nowhere does the info supplied state that there are exclusions so beware.......check carefully with the dealer and then with the websites..... or go buy a portable PDA system....

Cheers

and enjoy

Reply to
ajv

websites.....

So I take it you rejected the whole package on the grounds that it did not do what you had specifically requested? Not fit for purpose etc. If you haven't, go and get your money back, then get a Garmin. They do cover Scandinavia.

Reply to
brian