Picasso: How many miles on a full tank?

I have a 2.0HDi and have been trying to get over 600 miles on a full tank through economic driving. Unfortunately, my wife hasn't grasped this "gentle driving" concept and as yet we've not managed this milestone!
What's the best anyone's got out of a full tank, and what is the general concensus of most economical speed/style etc?
TIA
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
goto http://www.citroenpicasso.org.uk/picasso /
lots of info and ideas

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
The best I have got out of my 19td Xantia is 700 miles on a tank. I used 57 litres so I should have had about 8 litres left when I filled up. So averaging at 55.75 mpg I could have made nearly another 100 miles! This is all motorway driving, nice and smooth.
I normally average around 52 mpg virtually all motorway driving. Mark
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

what sort of speed are we talking here. driving smoothly at 70 and i struggle to top 49mgp or so.......
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Rob Beech wrote:

filled
That was driving at about 60mph on average. But it all motorway driving 40miles journey each way. If I do a few small trips into town on the same tank my mpg will drop below 50 mpg. But i have also included a longer trip of about 200 miles driving at 80mph and still average 51-52 mpg out of the tank. I find shorter urban trips will drop the mph drastically. I think the secret to getting a good mpg out of a tank is simply long journeys at a constant speed without braking! And of course keep the car well serviced and check the tyre pressure.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Rob Beech wrote:

filled
That was driving at about 60mph on average. But it all motorway driving 40miles journey each way. If I do a few small trips into town on the same tank my mpg will drop below 50 mpg. But i have also included a longer trip of about 200 miles driving at 80mph and still average 51-52 mpg out of the tank. I find shorter urban trips will drop the mph drastically. I think the secret to getting a good mpg out of a tank is simply long journeys at a constant speed without braking! And of course keep the car well serviced and check the tyre pressure.
Anyone had any experience of adding veg oil to their diesel?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ