Picasso revs up on its own

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas, friends Picasso is revving up on its own now and then, sometimes enough to have to turn the engine off. He's had it in the garage and they cleaned something and it was OK for a
while but its starting again, anyone got any ideas please.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
soundboy wrote:

Cheap petrol and a dirty IACV is the likely scenario.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
cheer Mrcheerful, I'm not fimilar with the new systems on cars nowadays, as far as I'm aware the units been cleaned in the past do they eventually need replacing? and is it a dear job?

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
soundboy wrote:

cleaning usually works for a short while, even shorter next time etc. A guesstimate on price would be between 50 and a hundred quid for a new one. fitting is usually straightforward and easy.
best bet is to get the codes read before doing anything, just in case there is some other fault. also worth checking carpet not holding throttle pedal and stuff like that
Add pictures here
‚úĖ