Picasso seat arm rest

Hi, My 2004 Picasso seat arm rest has become loose. It is the plate part that is fitted to the seat and not the actual rest which I know can be removed.
Does anyone know if it means that the plate fixing is broke or is it just a case of a 'twist' or push back in. I have tried both but neither seem to work.
Any idea's