problem: XM V6 12V wont start

I have a problem. XM V6 12valve with factory immobilizer. After touching the code, the LED jumps to green.

Trying to start revs the starterengine but engine wont start. no:

- sparks at plugs

- smell of gasoline in exhaust. I do have pressure at gasoline line to injectors (petrolpump is working)

Anybody any experience/clues where to look ?

Thanks

Danny

Reply to
Danny ter Haar

Lets get some things straight...

- You have green light ONLY on the imobiliser?

- You have no sparks.

- You have fuel pressure.

- Do you have an engine manglement "-K" light on the dash?

...hang on - you must have some kind of ignition fault. The pump should run continuously regardless of what is happening at the injectors. The injectors won't inject without a signal to do so (hence no petrol in exhaust) and you have no sparks because you have no signal to the ignition module.

This sounds hellishly familiar.

I'd start to worry about those multiplugs under the LHM tank I think. I had a similar situation but I got two lights on the keypad (red and green) and the thing just didn't want to play.

Now I start to think about it - your best bet is to go to the files section on the website and make yourself a code reader (or buy the Gunsons one) and work your way through the codes - something *will* be stored for this one!

CAS

Reply to
CAS

Damn - wrong place!!

Nip over to

get yourself on XM-L and have a rummagethrough the files section *there*!!! CAS

Reply to
CAS

thanks! will do so ! will get bout this.

Danny

Reply to
Danny ter Haar

A possible cause for this may be the TDC(?) sensor (Or BDP in dutch), If angine fuel computer has no idea in which part of roation the engine is, it will not inject and not ignite... Sensor is located somewhere near the flywheel, probably in between the engine and the firewall.

Alwik The Netherlands

Reply to
Alwik