Question

Frank Kemper ( snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah. We can't get 91 here - 98 is *expensive* - 5-6p/litre more.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Frank Kemper contains these words:

Casting one's ancient mind back, that relates to the old 2 star, 3 star, and 4 star... ... I used to run my '52 Wolsely 6/80 on 3 star till the price went up to 4shillings and twopence per gallon, then I swapped to 2 star...

Reply to
Rodney Wakefield

Rodney Wakefield ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I used to run my first 2cv on two star when I was a student - in the late

80s, until they started to phase it out to introduce undeaded instead.
Reply to
Adrian

My first car was a Standard 10 that ran on 'Regular' at 3/6d a gallon. We thought that price was too high to last for long.

Reply to
Whiskers

Whenever I could, I filled my 2CV with ICI synthetic 2-star. Seemed to be very clean, and I don't remember having to replace any of the exhaust system in that car's 7 year life.

Reply to
Whiskers

Whiskers ( snipped-for-privacy@operamail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I was born about a month after decimalisation. It's my birthday at the weekend.

And I'll bet you'll feel bloody old when you do the maths.

Reply to
Adrian

I don't need to do any maths to get that feeling.

I lined up on a bridge to catch site of the first Diesel engine on British Railways main line.

Reply to
Whiskers

Wasn't it Churchill who said that America and Britain were separated by a common language. I had to look up decimalsation to figure out what you were talking about. This brought to mind a day in 1976 when we were visiting London and as we were walking into an underground (subway) station, this lady approached us and asked if we had to pee. She immediately saw the thunderstruck looks on our faces and held up a coin and said she was looking for 2 P. She, being very astute, deduced that she was talking to 2 yanks.

My first car was a 1950 Ford Tudor Custom coupe. It got about 200 miles to a quart of oil. I don't remember the gas mileage since gas at that time cost about $.23 per gallon.

Reply to
Gene S. Park

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Age is merely a state of mind - but they didn't tell the body.

Reply to
Rodney Wakefield

no doubt the next generation will be lining up on the same bridge to see the last!

Rob

Reply to
Rob Beech

I was reading , made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

alt.autos.citroen.geriatric?

Reply to
2Rowdy

There are still trains on that line, which is something. There are too many cars around now for it to be safe to stand on that spot.

Reply to
Whiskers
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I think I prefer alt.autos.citroen.isupposeimnotyounganymore

Reply to
Adrian

I was reading , made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

You forgot to add andgettingchubbyloosingsomehairsandgettinggrey. That'll be for you but I was thinking about the rest, that are glad if they can find a hair, even if it's grey and are big but still can find bigboy for perfect aiming.

Reply to
2Rowdy
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No grey. Yet.

Reply to
Adrian

I was reading , made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

You can have some of mine. Got a brush full each day. My forehead is growing.

Reply to
2Rowdy