Question

Page 3 of 3
Frank Kemper ( snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Ah. We can't get 91 here - 98 is *expensive* - 5-6p/litre more.

Casting one's ancient mind back, that relates to the old 2 star, 3 star, and 4 star... ... I used to run my '52 Wolsely 6/80 on 3 star till the price went up to 4shillings and twopence per gallon, then I swapped to 2 star...
--
Rod

Rodney Wakefield ( snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I used to run my first 2cv on two star when I was a student - in the late 80s, until they started to phase it out to introduce undeaded instead.

Whenever I could, I filled my 2CV with ICI synthetic 2-star. Seemed to be very clean, and I don't remember having to replace any of the exhaust system in that car's 7 year life.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

My first car was a Standard 10 that ran on 'Regular' at 3/6d a gallon. We thought that price was too high to last for long.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

I was born about a month after decimalisation. It's my birthday at the weekend.
And I'll bet you'll feel bloody old when you do the maths.

I don't need to do any maths to get that feeling.
I lined up on a bridge to catch site of the first Diesel engine on British Railways main line.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

no doubt the next generation will be lining up on the same bridge to see the last!
Rob

There are still trains on that line, which is something. There are too many cars around now for it to be safe to stand on that spot.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Age is merely a state of mind - but they didn't tell the body.
--
Rod

made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to

alt.autos.citroen.geriatric?
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup

I think I prefer alt.autos.citroen.isupposeimnotyounganymore
made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to

You forgot to add andgettingchubbyloosingsomehairsandgettinggrey. That'll be for you but I was thinking about the rest, that are glad if they can find a hair, even if it's grey and are big but still can find bigboy for perfect aiming.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

No grey. Yet.
made by the entity known as Adrian, that requests spam to be sent to

You can have some of mine. Got a brush full each day. My forehead is growing.