Re: huisvlijt

Message i.d.:< inspired me,

Create your own Mehari. Use Galvanized steel to make it look real.
--
Johan; Certifiable me; Reply to Hotm ail
By replying to this message you agree to the regulations written

Use rust to make it *real*...
I'm currently learning to weld by remaking the rear frame for my Mehari.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< gurgled happily, sounding much like

You just killed a myth. I though galvanizing stopped rust. Next you tell me the XM rusts.

Welding is fun. A long time ago I have welded with electrodes. If you put the Amp's to high it'll blow straight through the steel. Be sure there is no petrol near when you play with welding. An oncle of mine looked into the arc a bit to long. He was blind for a week. So, don't do that either. For the rest, enjoy. It's fun.
--
Johan; Certifiable me; Reply to Hotm ail
Rondom sigs should be banned from Usenet
‚úĖ
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It does. I meant "For that real Mehari look"...

I'd show you the '95 XM I had last Easter. But I scrapped it. Apart from the rust hole under the LHM tank, the entire front and rear subframes were rusty - oh, and one of the hydraulic pipes burst.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< inspired me,

I'd better not look under my '93 XM, , ,
--
Johan; Certifiable me; Reply to Hotm ail
I drank of the purifying Nirang, the sterile urine of the spotless white bull of
‚úĖ
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

This one had lived a lot of the time on a Scottish Island, then sat around for a couple of years unused. Lots of salt and damp.
The spare wheel catches were both rusted solid - the only way I could get the spare out of the tray was to bend the cradle by hand. Which wasn't difficult. Go and look at how thick the steel rods of the cradle are.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< inspired me,

Went outside and had a look. The cradle looks just fine. Not much rust there. Tell you the truth, I have never tried to get the tire out of there. I should practice, for just in case.
--
Johan; Certifiable me; Reply to Hotm ail
Newsgroups Are used to spread virusses.
‚úĖ
2Rowdy ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

You should also regularly lubricate the screwthread for the release and the safety catch. They're fairly exposed to all the road crap.
You also want to take a very close look at how the jack fits to the sill - it's a rare XM without at least one bent "jacking point". It's a horrible design.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Message i.d.:< gurgled happily, sounding much like

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it at try.
--
Johan; Certifiable me
Reply to Hotm ail
gurgled happily, sounding much like

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
drd ( snipped-for-privacy@CITYZOO.COM) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Are you sure that some light-fingered little scrote didn't try to have it away?
Any Xantia or 406 minicabs round your area?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
how wonderfully suspicious of you !
hmmm - you got me thinking though ...