Re: Oil consumption Xantai

51003.news.uni-berlin.de:

My idea of a perfectly healty engine is no oil consumption, at least not noticable during the normal serviceinterval (10.000 km). Usually car manufacturers say anyting up to 1 liter per 1.000 km is acceptable. I would say that anything more than 1 liter per 5.000 km is an indication of some kind. Either a 'sporty' drivingstyle or a worn engine.
I once had a consumtion of 1 liter per 500 km in the Citroen 1.8 8v engine. This is still acceptable if you want to spend the money on the oil as the engine did not smoke or run any worse. Problem was eventually fixed by fitting new worn valverubbers.
Maarten
--
When replying privately, rot13 the e-mail address

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Maarten Deen schrieb:

Thanks! Meanwhile Citroen had to change the engine...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ