Refilling aircon story

Finally it's warm in The Netherlands. I discover the aircon of my Xant can't cope. I went to a few service points and all told me, make an appointment,
it takes at least half an hour to refill. From a discussion here I was under the impression that a refill takes about ten minutes. Naturally my thought was that the service points were after my hard earned money, not to provide service.
Last Tuesday I went to my normal maintenance chap. A Citroen expert, not a dealer but a good expert when it comes to hydraulics and spheres. The Xant also sits down a bit too fast so there must be something wrong somewhere.
The chap told me the same as the other ones, it takes half an hour for an arcon refill. We had a small discussion (10 minutes, no half an hour etc) and he explained.
When they do a refill they are forced to keep an administration for each refill. Now if there is a leak somewhere I would come back for another refill. Some environmental-investigation-over-paid-persons check the administration and if they spot me coming frequently for a refill the maintenance chap (not me) get's fined for an environmental offense.
That trick forces him to check the arcon for any leaks and he wants to be darn sure it doesn't.
Funny init.
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup