remote battery change

Any idea how many years the battery lasts?? Is it easy to replace ?? Do you lose any memory changing over ??
Thanks John

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Johnnie Scott ( snipped-for-privacy@.nospam.ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

It varies.

It depends on the car.

What were we talking about?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Its for a Picasso, programmed key, cost a lot for a dealer to replace code if lost John
gurgled happily,

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Johnnie Scott ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

The code won't be stored in a battery-volatile memory in the key, so you'll be able to replace that easily enough.
As for how long they last - I dunno, but the same battery's been in the key for my XM since I bought it 5 years and 60k miles ago - over half the car's life. So it's probably the original, and still working at 9.5yrs and 120k miles.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I've always had to be right there under the bonnet whenever I've changed the battery, and if I forgot anything as a result I don't remember ;))
(I used a small adjustable spanner and it wasn't too difficult).
--
-- Whiskers