Removing 97 Saxo radio

Hi everyone,
I have just bought a 1997 Citroen Saxo 1.4SX, and am desperately trying to work out how to remove the factory fitted radio. Having read the car
handbook ,it essentialy just says pull it out. however i cannot find anything to pull it from, i have tried putting my fingers inside the tape slot and yanking, but no joy. I have removed the side panels on the front, and can still see nothing to either grab hold of, or to unscrew.
If anyone can give me any tips it would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks, Neil Postance
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
# Neil Postance

I got the OEM stereo out of my '98 saxo by using a tool from halfords - basically a pair of wire Us that you insert into the holes on either side of the stereo. It took some wiggling but came out easy enough. Ask in halfords and they'll show you the tool you need.
--
Toby

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I've done it!
Many thanks to those with suggestions. i neded up looking on ebay to see if i could find the "U"'s. i thought they looked remarkably like coat hangers bent into shape, so thats what i used, and it worked perfectly.
I think i'll hang onto the radio for when i sell the car, plus i'm a terrible/brilliant hoarder.
Thanks again
Neil
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Neil Postance ( snipped-for-privacy@Mhotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Park it in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham or London overnight.
Seriously - you'll almost certainly find there's a cover panel that will pull off, maybe with a slight lever (be careful not to mark the surrounding trim panels), revealing the usual pair of holes each side for a U-shaped removal tool.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
gurgled happily, sounding

Don't trow away the original factory fitted radio, put it on E-bay to sell it. These original factory fitted radio are ??? worth :-)) Or pounds in the UK ;-)
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
# VTR16V

Or keep it in a box for when you want a new car and want to transplant your new stereo over into that, and replace the OEM stereo to sell the citrŲen.
-- Toby
Add pictures here
‚úĖ