removing door lock when door is locked shut

I wondering if you have any help for my Citroen Xsara 1999 - the rear passenger door is locked shut and wont open by remote, key or manually from door handle inside or outside. Door is NOT in the child safety mode and I suspect the locking mechanism has failed. I have removed the inside door panel & note that the 2 rods for inside handle and inside lock operation are working fine, similarly the lock actuator (solenoid) is also operating correctly when using the key or when using the remote for both lock & unlock operations.

Hence I need to replace the lock - so far so good.

My big question is can I unlock the door, with panel removed from the inside, while the door is STILL locked in the closed position as the 3 bolts holding the lock in place can only be accessed externally with the door open!

any suggestions grately received.

Mark

Reply to
mark_roome

In C5 similar problem..... manual/forced destruction od lock from inside...:-(... lot of hard work... Best Regards Gelus

Reply to
Gelus