RH streering rubber cuff (?) gaiter.

I'm not an english professor, but I need to change the darn thing. It's the the flexible rubber thingy on the right hand steering ... (its possibly called a rubber gaiter)
There is one key question: How do i remove the inner track rod ball joint.
Somebody told me that it was screwed on. So i made a tool for that and used A LOT of power and turned it approx a 1/4 turn. Then I realised that it did not start to separate from the inner steering axle (the one covered by the old gaiter and goes inside the steering rack) the axle was turning and I got nervous.
Somebody help me.. please
snipped-for-privacy@online.no
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:12:41 +0100, "Knut Bugten"

Perhaps if you identified the big metal four-wheeled thingy any help might be better directed?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
The big metal four-wheeled thingy is called a Xantia model of 93, with power steering and a 1.8 liter 8 valve engine. :-)

Add pictures here
‚úĖ