RH streering rubber cuff (?) gaiter.

I'm not an english professor, but I need to change the darn thing. It's the the flexible rubber thingy on the right hand steering ... (its possibly called a rubber gaiter)

There is one key question: How do i remove the inner track rod ball joint.

Somebody told me that it was screwed on. So i made a tool for that and used A LOT of power and turned it approx a 1/4 turn. Then I realised that it did not start to separate from the inner steering axle (the one covered by the old gaiter and goes inside the steering rack) the axle was turning and I got nervous.

Somebody help me.. please

snipped-for-privacy@online.no

Reply to
Knut Bugten

Perhaps if you identified the big metal four-wheeled thingy any help might be better directed?

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

The big metal four-wheeled thingy is called a Xantia model of 93, with power steering and a 1.8 liter 8 valve engine. :-)

"Knut Bugten" skrev i melding news:H8wKd.6389$ snipped-for-privacy@news4.e.nsc.no...

Reply to
Knut Bugten