Rust on brand new drive shaft.

Hi.
I dont know if it is the right word, but i am talking about, the shaft from the gear box to the weel.
It is a brand new C1 3 weeks 450 km, and i was chekking for oil, then
i notis that on the one side of the drive shaft it was rusty! Why only on one side? What cours it, i will get it fixed at first service but why?
Regards Henrik
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Henrik ( snipped-for-privacy@MOVEmil.dk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Yep, driveshaft.

Because the car's probably been sat around outside before being delivered, plus it'll have been sat on a train and/or a truck being transported, and open to the weather.
Somewhere on the car will be a number which tells you exactly when the car was built - I think on the modern stuff it's on the information sticker in the driver's door shut, the one which tells you what the tyre pressures should be. It'll be somewhere around 11,000.
http://www.citroen.mb.ca/organr.html allows you to convert that to a date.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Henrik ( snipped-for-privacy@MOVEmil.dk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Oh, yes... and by the time you've done a few thousand miles in this weather, the driveshaft'll look like that all the way round.... I very much doubt you WILL get it "fixed" at the first service - it in no way affects the function of the car, and is perfectly normal.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
gurgled happily, sounding much like they

It will give the dealers whole work-force a good laugh though, at the OP expense (behind his back of course), he certainly made me reach for the monitor cleaning cloth!...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
:Jerry: ( snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

At most, they'll slap a coat of paint on that side of the driveshaft, ruining the balance of it...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Site Timeline