Saxo 1.1 - dying, or second wind?

I've had my 1998 saxo since it was 37,000 miles old, and am now on 57,000 miles.
On Friday it went to the garage to have the head gasket replaced -
serious oil leak apparently. There was also a few other things (wonky front discs, and the cam-belt was due for replacement) so I'm expecting a big bill when I go to collect the car tonight.
Would you say that:
a) The car is going to start costing money now and I should think about replacing it?
b) Now that I've ploughed the cash in for the cambelt, head gasket, full service etc, it should be fine for a fair few miles to come?
--
Toby

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:16:48 +0100, Toby Newman wrote:

Well, everything should be fixed now shouldn't it. So why replace a perfectly good car? (also, what happens when you get a shit car with more faults as a replacement?)

Yup should be, why not keep running it until the next thing breaks and worry about it then? I mean... things like brake pads, exhausts, tyres etc. will always need replacing... but if the cam belt breaks and kills the engine you may want to look at other options.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
# hissing

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear :)
--
Toby

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I have a saxo VTR, i am not shy with the accelerator.
I bought the car on 38,000 miles.
It has had a hard life and done almost 50,000 miles in two years.....hard driven miles too.....and all i have had to replace is the radiator (hole in it) and the rocker gasket (was leaking oil). I am due to sell the car next month and i am happy it has many miles to go......it has been the most reliable car i have ever owned.......good ol citroen!!!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ