Saxo Door Problem

I am having problems with the driver side door of my Citroen Saxo. It intermittently takes excessive force to close seeming to just bounce off the striker catch. The latch in the door seems to be in the
correct position and the door lines up and seems not to have dropped. I have lubricated the lock and the mechanism and applied some grease to the striker. The really strange thing is the colder the weather the worse it is when the car is frosty it is impossible to close the door from the inside. My mate is a mechanic and asked him to check it out Sods law it worked fine closing 20 times plus with no problem.
Any ideas ?
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
like they were saying:

There's possibly some water in the latch mechanism. When it's cold, it ices up a bit and jams.
Give it all a bloody good spray with water displacer (WD40 or similar) then some silicone lubricant or light oil to lubricate it.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

I must try that on my ZX which has the same symptoms. Once the car has warmed up a little the problem goes away, so there could be something in the ice theory.
--
-- Whiskers