Seeking an opinion

I am at the early stages of planning my next car.
Will be trading my Berlingo and would appreciate the Groups views on which might be best
a) A top of the range C3 1.6 HDi diesel sports OR
b) A C4, also 1.6 Hdi, but obviously less well kitted out but within the same price band
As I am past the kids stage, space is less vital, and as a balding fiftysomething, am looking for something with a bit of go in it.
My heart is currently with the C3...............but!
TIA for any views abuse or whatever
Ian
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Well, the C4 has a 5-star crash test rating, if that matters to you, is laden with safety (and other) kit that's optional on many C3s, will ride and handle better, be quieter etc. and has a much nicer interior, or at least I think it does. And it's not exactly big. Or much more expensive.
Presume you've tried them both?
If you want a small car, would you be better off with a new Clio? The C3 is a bit past its sell-by date, you could say...
Androo
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
thanks - the C4 is looking likely at the moment!
Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ