smoky berlingo

A friend of my has just change an engine on a citron berlingo 04 plate HDI. But the engine is smoking badly of unburn fuel it is so bad that it cloud the street in less than 5min. the injector has bieng change the timing has being chacked the EGR valve is fine could it be the injector or some sensors or the ECU. has any body come across this problem befor. just trying to help a friend out. thans

Reply to
hassan25

When you say the engine has been changed, why (what was wrong with the original engine) and is this 'new' engine new / rebuilt or just second hand. Also, when you say the injectors have been changed, are these new / rebuilt or just second hand?

Reply to
:Jerry:

it was a secondhand engine, and has only done 54000. the vehicle went into a podle of water the water was socked into the combustion chamber and it bend the conrod the engine seized up leaving abig hole in the engine block. the injector are from the engine that got damage and the pump.

Reply to
hassan25

I'd suggest new injectors and pump; the flood may well have damaged them too. Check the whole fuel system for water and dirt.

Reply to
Whiskers

My bet and first port of call would be one or more damaged injectors, the symptoms are classic over fuelling due to weeping injectors. The pressure that built up in the combustion chambers before the con-rod let go could have easily damaged the injector.

Reply to
:Jerry: