Stereos for Xant's & XM's

Hi gang,
I'd like to put CD into my XM but would also like to keep using the steering wheel controls. Does anybody who's done the same job in an XM/Xant have any
useful advice? I assume it requires adaptors etc......
Ta in advance,
M.

‚úĖ
Lynyrd Skinhead (exposing_Derek_as_a snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

s1 or s2 XM? It makes a difference.
If it's an s2 with Philips head unit, you can get wheel remote adapters for several brands of aftermarket head unit - Kenwood and Sony for sure, possibly others. They don't do the dot matrix display, though.
The other option is to find a Philips RC026 (IIRC) CD changer on fleaBay, with cables etc.
If it's an s1 with Clarion, I think the basic options are the same, but the detail (the adapter, the changer if available) is different.
Any decent car audio shop/online supplier should be able to supply the adapter.
NB: As usual - Decent != Halfrauds, of course.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ