The history of Citroen

Page 1 of 2
I posted a couple of weeks ago about purchasing a Xantia Exclusive 99 model (stv.). Before that I`ve only had Mazdas, and not getting anywhere near a garage or a service man. That hasn`t happened yet with the
Xantia, but I was kind of sceptical about changing from Mazda since the ones I`ve had have been close to perfect when it comes to reliability. Boring, but reliable.
I guess I`ll stick with Citroen for a while. More comfort, more fun to drive and: They look better.
I was wondering if there was a page on the net with the history of Citroen with lots of pictures and car models over the years. I`ve found a few in norwegian, but they`re mainly about that owners cars, not the entire range.
Can someone help me...
Frank, aka Mr. Pink
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
have a look at http://www.citroencarclub.org.uk/PostNuke / and http://www.citroen.co.uk/level3/generalpage.asp?pagetype=heritage&lhn ęoutcitroen
they should get you started GGJ
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Gary G Jones wrote:

http://www.citroen.co.uk/level3/generalpage.asp?pagetype=heritage&lhn ęoutcitroen
Thank you,
Pink
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Mr. Pink wrote:

Found this page:
http://www.cats-citroen.net/citroen_museum/museum.php
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Sat, 09 Sep 2006 15:57:59 +0200, "Mr. Pink"

http://www.citroen.mb.ca/citroenet /
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
<snip>

Yuk, yet another moronic web site that thinks they have permission to mess with MY task bar - arrogance in the extreme!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Eh?
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I was reading <

I don't get it either. Julian has a great site. The official URL is: http://www.citroenet.org.uk /
Another great site to bookmark is: http://world.citroen1.info/ or http://www.citroen1.info / also bookmark this http://www.euronet.nl/~citron/ Great pictures from Arthur Fryling Toine has a nice link collection http://members.chello.nl/~a.moors/citroen_links.html
And everybody, please link to www.aacity.net ! (not kidding, noboby wants to link to me)
--
d:J0han; Certifiable me http://2rowdy.aacity.net

They killed the Credo. Viva el Credo!
‚úĖ

permission
Some obviously don't understand how JavaScript can be used to deliver or mask all sorts of nasties, for example the supposed destination of a web site link on a web page (as on a philshing emails) isn't necessarily were you are going to end up [1] and without the Task Bar showing the real URL how does one know before actually launching the page?...
I'm not saying that the above site is a philser or virus spreader but without the Task Bar how can one really know? If web authors understood when and were to use JS correctly people who do want to do harm would have a harder time of conning the gullible.
[1] the HTML code could be written as [might line wrap]; <a href "...//..w.download_a_virus.com/philshing.exe">Read our free hint and tips PDF file!</a>. Now the unwary will believe that they are downloading a freebie PDF file, they might not bother checking what the file actually is when asked if they want to open it or download it - and if they opt to open it.....
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Still don't know what you're on about - it doesn't do anything to my task bar.
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
<snip>

my
Then you understand little about HTML, JS and web authoring - I just hope you do indeed use one of the safer web browsers and never follow links in emails!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

snip
snip
OK, without invective if possible, could you describe just what it is that happens to your 'Task Bar' (whatever that is - presumably something to do with Windows?) when you visit <http://www.citroen.mb.ca/citroenet/ ? I get very frustrated when I don't see what others see.
--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

No I have not disabled JavaScript, and if IE is one of the *safer* web browsers I'd hate to try a dangerous one.
WHAT happens to "others"?

You have explained doodly squit. Are you saying a script changed your browser window properties?

You have not said anything, as far as I can see.
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
<snip>

your
That just goes to show how little you really know.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

You're just talking total bollocks for the sake of it, aren't you?
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

No, but you are showing yourself up as an ignorant troll!
Look at the source code of the said sites index page and you will see a similar script to this one, below, in the html code;
<BODY onLoad="scrollit(100)"> <SCRIPT> <!-- function scrollit(seed) { var m1 = "Hope you've enjoyed your stay here!"; var m2 = " JavaScript Kit. Your ultimate"; var m3 = " source for JavaScripts!"; var m4 = ""; var msg=m1+m2+m3+m4; var out = " "; var c = 1; if (seed > 100) { seed--; cmd="scrollit("+seed+")"; timerTwo=window.setTimeout(cmd,100); } else if (seed <= 100 && seed > 0) { for (c=0 ; c < seed ; c++) { out+=" "; } out+=msg; seed--; window.status=out; cmd="scrollit("+seed+")"; timerTwo=window.setTimeout(cmd,100); } else if (seed <= 0) { if (-seed < msg.length) { out+=msg.substring(-seed,msg.length); seed--; window.status=out; cmd="scrollit("+seed+")"; timerTwo=window.setTimeout(cmd,100); } else { window.status=" "; timerTwo=window.setTimeout("scrollit(100)",75); } } } //--> </SCRIPT>
Example script taken from http://www.javascriptkit.com/script/cut11.shtml
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

<snip>
So the substance of your complaint is that it displays a scrolling message on the status bar?
Nothing to do with the taskbar at all, in fact?
Couldn't you have said that in the first place, without all the obscurantist "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" nonsense?
Plonker.
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
<snip>

You still don't get it do you, you're obviously totally clueless.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Clearly. And I think I'll stay that way. Just fuck off and don't bother enlightening me any more, please.
--

Ian

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Jerry wrote:

To avoid you guys starting a war in a Citroen newsgroup, can`t you just explain what is wrong about the site, browser or whatever it is?
And don`t post a loooooooong "cut and paste" thingy from an error message, I have NO idea what those are about...lol.
Are you being redirected or what? I`m using Mozilla and I had no problems. I don`t use IE, but I got version 7 on my laptop.
Peace...
Mr. Pink
Add pictures here
‚úĖ