The history of Citroen

So the substance of your complaint is that it displays a scrolling message on the status bar?

Nothing to do with the taskbar at all, in fact?

Couldn't you have said that in the first place, without all the obscurantist "nudge, nudge, wink, wink" nonsense?

Plonker.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

You still don't get it do you, you're obviously totally clueless.

Reply to
Jerry

Clearly. And I think I'll stay that way. Just f*ck off and don't bother enlightening me any more, please.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

To avoid you guys starting a war in a Citroen newsgroup, can`t you just explain what is wrong about the site, browser or whatever it is?

And don`t post a loooooooong "cut and paste" thingy from an error message, I have NO idea what those are about...lol.

Are you being redirected or what? I`m using Mozilla and I had no problems. I don`t use IE, but I got version 7 on my laptop.

Peace...

Mr. Pink

Reply to
Mr. Pink

has a little 'javascript' that displays a scrolling message in the 'status bar' of the browser, saying (in this case) "Welcome to Citroenet". Scary, isn't it!

Most people don't notice such messages - some browsers don't even have a 'status bar', and many people disable 'javascript' anyway - so I don't know why web site designers bother to include such fripperies; they certainly aren't any sort of 'threat', not even to Windows.

Reply to
Whiskers

that

certainly

No, this script is not a threat, the problem is what it might mask...

Reply to
Jerry

I was reading , made by the entity known as Jerry, that requests spam to be sent to and I became inspired,

If there was a thread we get free whiskey from Julian. (wished there was a thread)

Reply to
2Rowdy

We should hunt him down and kill him... So this is what it`s about? No wonder there are so many wars breaking out...

Reply to
Mr. Pink

Have you heard the song "Paranoid" by Black Sabbath?

Reply to
Mr. Pink

Ye gods, all this because of a tiddly little message. If you had explained the problem at the start then you wouldn't have come across as an arrogant wotsit and have to start abusing others. Sheesh.

Reply to
Malc

Jerry ( snipped-for-privacy@INVALID.INVALID) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I dunno what it masks, but it's certainly revealing plenty about you, Jerry. Again.

Reply to
Adrian

Mask? I think that if someone was trying to sneak a 'nasty' onto your system from a website, you would not notice anything at all until some time afterwards - if then.

If you want to be paranoid about your computer's vulnerabilities, then you should not use Internet Explorer or Outlook Express for anything, you should install and keep up-to-date all the patches and security updates and so on for your operating system and all your programs (or delete the programs you aren't using), and you should install and keep up-to-date whatever 'anti-adware', 'anti-spyware', and 'anti-virus' applications take your fancy, along with a 'firewall' - preferably a 'hardware firewall' built into a 'router' between your computer and the internet. Or simply not use Windows at all for anything involving the internet.

Reply to
Whiskers

ITYM "Don't use the internet"

Reply to
Pete M

snip

Not quite; I haven't used Windows for anything involving the internet, for quite some time now. My life is much easier now :))

Reply to
Whiskers

Now THAT I can believe..lol.

Reply to
Mr. Pink

"Jerry" wrote in news:450464c5$0$97228$892e7fe2 @authen.yellow.readfreenews.net:

May I interest you in a roll of tin foil?

Reply to
Tunku