Timing belt renewal

Hi, wonder of any of you knowledgable ppl can tell me how hard or easy it is to replace the timing belt on a citroen xsara picasso 2.0 hdi diesel. 04 plate? I was a competent mechanic (retired now) and am fed up with the
rip-off prices charged today, so have decided to reaquaint myself with spanners and scraped knuckles.
Any help or links appreciated.
Regards.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Buy a workshop manual, not sure about the cited engine but a word of warning, many cambelts now require the *correct* special tools to do the job, gone are the days of the old Ford Pinto or Bedford CF type cambelts that could be replaced on the roadside (literally in the case of the CF, no valve/piston mating on those engines)...
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Thank you. Yes I remember those engines and the ease of cambelt replacement.... sigh!
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Hi All. Good point about getting the "correct" tension. I have not been able to hire the necessary tool, so does anyone know how critical the belt tension is? The Haynes Manual talks about 98 +- 2 SEEM units. This sounds very accurate, but of course they could be covering themselves! John.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Site Timeline