Timing belt renewal

Hi, wonder of any of you knowledgable ppl can tell me how hard or easy it is to replace the timing belt on a citroen xsara picasso 2.0 hdi diesel. 04 plate? I was a competent mechanic (retired now) and am fed up with the rip-off prices charged today, so have decided to reaquaint myself with spanners and scraped knuckles.

Any help or links appreciated.

Regards.

Reply to
Moss_Runner

Buy a workshop manual, not sure about the cited engine but a word of warning, many cambelts now require the *correct* special tools to do the job, gone are the days of the old Ford Pinto or Bedford CF type cambelts that could be replaced on the roadside (literally in the case of the CF, no valve/piston mating on those engines)...

Reply to
Jerry

Thank you. Yes I remember those engines and the ease of cambelt replacement.... sigh!

Reply to
Moss_Runner

Reply to
John Davies