Traffic Master?

Hi, I have a Xantia fitted with Traffic Master. Can anyone tell me what precisely It does other than to make me leap out of my skin once a month when it decides to shout "TRAFFIC MASTER" when I start the car? Although I have paid for the service, I have not heard anything that tells me TM is doing anything. Just curious. Reg M

Reply to
Reg M

Are you sure it's currently subscribed as it has to be renewed once a year and a code entered. Also it can be set to auto or manual by appropiate presses of the switch.

See

Brian Kelly

I am subscribed until early August. I will try reinserting the PIN and see if that has any affect. I seem to remember someone on the phone telling me to run TM in auto. What difference would running in manual make? Thanks for the response. Reg M

Reply to
Reg M

Well in manual it won't automatically tell you about problems.

Try this when driving in a TM monitored area (you can tell by the blue cameras pointing up and down the road); press the TM button and it should tell you :- a) What road you are on (with the caveat the road number will truncate to 3 numbers if it has more) b) If there are problems, if not it well tell you so (i.e. all clear)

Don't forget not all roads are covered just the major routes

The above is based on my experience with the system fitted to my 2000 Xantia; YMMV. I haven't bothered renewing for a couple of years as I have little use for the system so some things may have changed.

Reply to
Brian Kelly