Veggie oil, the prelimenary verdict

Since I started the discussion here I (wouldn't dare to tell anyone since it's illegal) tried it, with sunflower oil) in my 1997 Xantia 1.9 TD mixed one on one with Diesel.
No difference in driving. A funny smell but that's about it.
Since there is no winter anymore I couldn't try it in real cold weather. Some degrees below freezing is no problem. Some learning points.
- If you poor it in be sure to clean up afterwards. If it remains on the car it's like glue and is hard to remove. - Just after filling the tank with the vegetable oil there is a chance that during driving the engine has some troubles. I guess that's because the diesel and veggieoil haven't mixed properly yet.
I guess I have driven for about 5000 kilometer since the discussion and I will continue. The difference in price gives me about two boxes of cigarettes for one tank fill. When I buy the oil no-one looks weird, they know very well what it's for.
It's not green in any way. The oil comes in one liter plastic bottles.
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
http://www.aacity.net Citroen Newsgroup