warranty claims

anyone know the situation re warranty claims for a broken seat ?
it's a C8 and all the seats should fold and tilt forward, one seat made a loud crack when tipping it forward and no longer works properly, can't
even get it out only tip the top forward.
I've booked it in but they said they would have to look at it before they can say whether it's under warranty the car is 27 months old so still within the 36 month warranty, not sure if mileage counts but it's done 37k miles
LJ
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
in2minds ( snipped-for-privacy@redx.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Sounds like the sort of thing that could easily be broken by clumsiness or misuse rather than faulty manufacture, hence the "We need to look at it".
Add pictures here
‚úĖ