webportal

With posting capabilities?

2rowdy

Message i.d.:, by author 2rowdy aka inspired me,

Huh? It worked?

Reply to
2Rowdy

That's debatable ;)) Interesting, but I seem to get a lot of 'sending request to news.ipinc.net...' that gets no further. Perhaps their servers can't cope with the traffic when it's lunchtime in Oregon?

This one is based in the Netherlands:

it's very new, and not carrying many groups yet. The interface and the 'peering' with other news-servers are not yet 'finished', but any competition for Google Groups has to be encouraged :))

I have now started a browser bookmarks folder for 'web access' inside my 'usenet' folder. Plenty of room in there still!

Reply to
Whiskers

An open server like that doesn't live long.

Limited? All I see are MS newsgroups.

I haven't seen many but Google can help find them. Google for a recent unique subject line or a known unique poster and you will find the servers.

Reply to
2Rowdy

Perhaps it hadn't occured to them that the internet extends beyond their state borders?

The three urls present different selections of groups. Given the strong Chinese connection, I expect they are developing a system that will allow them to tailor the availability of groups to meet with the restrictions imposed by different national governments (as Google now do). Even so, any alternative web interface to "Google Groups" is worth encouraging.

If you search for "Eurofront Worldwide Ltd." (See the 'Copyright' notice at the bottom of a 'ureader' page) you end up at which makes interesting reading (including between the lines ...).

I just look at the headers in my newsreader :))

Reply to
Whiskers