where are most "members" of this group from ?

Right now is late Auttum. Crappy overcast days with 1 to 5 celcius lows and

15 to 20 celcius highs (with the occasional cold day when it does not go over 12).

Winter is july/august and its a bit colder. It has been a very dry year with almost no rain so far. It normally rains 50 to 60 days a year, mostly april to july.

Spring starts late september and is a slightly warmer auttum with a cold sun that does not give too much heat.

Summer is long and dry, from november to late february. Lows are always in the low teens and highs in the low thirties. 34 was this years max somewhere in January...

No snow in Santiago. It does snow farther south. Its VERY wet in the middle, and much dries up north. Chile is 3000 miles long, so we have a lot of different weather.

And to be on topic: an hydropneumatic Citroen is a godsend in winter. This city has a nonexistant draining system, so being able to raise the car has gotten me out of a lot of trouble :)

Reply to
Eduardo K.

Does that mean that Yorkshire has invaded Scotland?

Reply to
Whiskers

Thanks for the update Eduardo, I know what you mean about the benefits of being able to raise the car when conditions get a little rough. Our only problem was due to the fact the suspension became rock-hard when on maximum and even going slow the car bounces over even the most smallest of surface imperfections. Our son has a Saxo with conventional springing so heavy loads and crossing flooded roads is out of the question.

Gio

Reply to
Gio

Heh. I see what you mean.

No, it's more of a reverse takeover via entryism.

Yorkshire has more in common with Scotland than it does with Adrian-land down South, anyway.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel

From Ayrshire in Ayrshire.

JP

Reply to
JP

I can live with that.

Reply to
Whiskers

Indeed!

In the 14th century, a victorious Scot who had fought his way South to Northallerton, scribbled a note to King Bruce saying his men were going barefoot, and asking for 300 pairs of brogues. Unfortunately the initial letter of the operative word became indecipherable. Consequently 600 rogues were eventually despatched to Yorkshire - and here their descendants remain to this day.

Envo

Reply to
Envo

Ian Dalziel ( snipped-for-privacy@lineone.net) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But my little brother lives in Halifax, my dad in Sheffield, my mum in Derbyshire - and I grew up in Sheffield and Derbyshire...

(anyway, I like it down here, so pfffft)

Reply to
Adrian

He should have ordered clogs.

Reply to
Whiskers

I`m from Trondheim, Norway.

I got a 1999 Xantia Exclusive Stv., 1.8 litre, 117 bhp...and that`s about all I know about the car, except it`s brilliant...;)

Frank

"wolfgang schneider" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.de...

Reply to
Frank The Poet