Xantia Alarm

Aaaah, this is so that the next person who owns the car will end up taking it to a dealer to try and work out why the thing flashes the lights but the siren doesn't sound and to make it more costly when they decide they want to get the alarm working.

Reply to
hissing

probably about right!

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Reply to
djindivik

Then you can't be operating it correctly as I have disabled mine permanently several times (after removing the battery for maintenance) and I never have a problem with the alarm once I have disabled it from the button after re-connecting the battery. This is a "fix" a dealer told me about, my alarm is totally disabled.

I also don't understand why, if you have a problem with the alarm, you are setting it in the first place?

Maybe I have missed something?

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Reply to
djindivik

(sorry)

Reply to
Rob Beech

Reply to
djindivik

The procedure I was told was this..

  1. alarm going off
  2. enter keypad code
  3. start vehicle
  4. press and hold button for 5 seconds - indicators flash rapidly

I have done this countless times (I have had to do work requiring the battery to be disconnected) and it has worked every time.

I have same situation as you - key fob gave up ages ago so I don't set the alarm, just use the key. Just wondering what age your car is - I wonder if newer ones operate differently - mine is 96/P

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Reply to
djindivik

Reply to
djindivik
60$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...

Good luck, hope you get it working (or rather *not* working!!)

Matt.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Reply to
djindivik

That all seems a bit odd, I had to disable the alarm on my P/96 Activa last night as I disconnected the battery when having to jump start another car. At least, i thought the alarm goes off when you reconnect the battery if it hasn't been disabled prior to disconnecting the battery, thats how it worked on my old Xantia VSX but that a keyswitch to disable the alarm.

Reply to
hissing

Reply to
djindivik

Along with ? !!! :-)

Can I ask how it is being set in the first place if you don't use the fob any more?

Matt

----- The older I get the more I realise that youth really is wasted on the young.

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

To disable the alarm on this model u need to remove fuse number 17 (alarm + side of the battery) this fuse only, no other. This fuse will close down the alarm system only. E.H

Reply to
ecky-h

I've just bought a 2.0HDi, 2000 with a similar alarm problem. I've tried the push the button with the engine running, and the LED in the door pillar flashed and no alarm for a few days, but... So I'd like to try pulling fuse

17, but... No book! :-( Can someone point me at the right fuse please.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew_s_chesters