Xantia Alarm

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 08:00:37 +0000, Matthew Maddock wrote:

Aaaah, this is so that the next person who owns the car will end up taking it to a dealer to try and work out why the thing flashes the lights but the siren doesn't sound and to make it more costly when they decide they want to get the alarm working.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

probably about right!
Matt.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
The dashboard button only stops it sounding for that time. It's not a permanent fix, coz it starts off again the next time i park it up. What if i disable, like cut the wires to the sensors, or block them up with putty ? Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Then you can't be operating it correctly as I have disabled mine permanently several times (after removing the battery for maintenance) and I never have a problem with the alarm once I have disabled it from the button after re-connecting the battery. This is a "fix" a dealer told me about, my alarm is totally disabled.
I also don't understand why, if you have a problem with the alarm, you are setting it in the first place?
Maybe I have missed something?
Matt.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Thats the whole point Mathew, I'm not setting it, the key fob & receiver packed up long ago, i'm just using the key to lock/unlock the doors, so the alarm isn't being set. I start it using the code, ok but then when i stop it the indicator lights flash for 2 secs, this has armed it, so when i open the door, off goes the alarm. Close the door, on with the ignition, press the button, the alarm stops & the indicators flash rapidly, this stops the alarm, but only for that time, i've tried holding the button in for 5 seconds to no avail. Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

‚úĖ
It goes off when i close it. Dont worry, ive tried everything. I just need to cut the throat of that bloody siren. Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

The procedure I was told was this..
1. alarm going off 2. enter keypad code 3. start vehicle 4. press and hold button for 5 seconds - indicators flash rapidly
I have done this countless times (I have had to do work requiring the battery to be disconnected) and it has worked every time.
I have same situation as you - key fob gave up ages ago so I don't set the alarm, just use the key. Just wondering what age your car is - I wonder if newer ones operate differently - mine is 96/P
Matt.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Cheers Matthew, it looks like it's not the size that counts, but the sequence. I'll try that & see how it goes, I'll keep you posted. Cheers Ray.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
60$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net...

Good luck, hope you get it working (or rather *not* working!!)
Matt.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Well, sorry to say, it didn't work. So i've taken out fuse No 15, which seems to have killed it, but i've lost the interior lights, so far so good. The siren is completely innaccessable, somewhere up behind the washer bottle in a recess that defys all attempts to access it. So at the moment, all seems to be quiet. Cheers. Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:18:14 +0000, djindivik wrote:

That all seems a bit odd, I had to disable the alarm on my P/96 Activa last night as I disconnected the battery when having to jump start another car. At least, i thought the alarm goes off when you reconnect the battery if it hasn't been disabled prior to disconnecting the battery, thats how it worked on my old Xantia VSX but that a keyswitch to disable the alarm.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
Yeah mine is the same 96/P. Cheers. Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I tried to disable the alarm by removing fuse 15, but the bugger still went off, so now iv'e pulled fuses 3, 15, & 17, That seems to have killed it. Ray

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Along with ? !!! :-)
Can I ask how it is being set in the first place if you don't use the fob any more?
Matt ----- The older I get the more I realise that youth really is wasted on the young.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
To disable the alarm on this model u need to remove fuse number 17 (alarm + side of the battery) this fuse only, no other. This fuse will close down the alarm system only. E.H

Add pictures here
‚úĖ
I've just bought a 2.0HDi, 2000 with a similar alarm problem. I've tried the push the button with the engine running, and the LED in the door pillar flashed and no alarm for a few days, but... So I'd like to try pulling fuse 17, but... No book! :-( Can someone point me at the right fuse please.
Andrew

Add pictures here
‚úĖ