Xantia/BX handbrake adjustment?

Hi, could someone remind me how to apply the automatic handbrake adjustment on the Xantia? I thought in the past (BX & Xantia) I just pushed the footbrake then pulled
the handbrake a few times but it doesn't seem to be working this time.
Thanks, Robin.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ

adjustment
pulled
I don't push the footbrake (Xantia), maybe that's the solution?
D.J.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ